Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2018

July- Okoboji Iowa

My 36th year at the lake was a success. Speaking of success, Ray and I had a lot of one on one time (something that in our everyday lives we don't get as much as we need0. We acknowledged that he has come so far in his career and we were so happy that his days of working a few hours up at McDonalds (the only place with free wifi) are over and his vacations are true vacations where we can reconnect and build family memories. We are living the dream baby!

Highlights: no dock, never seen the lake house with out a dock. 5mph no wake boat and jet ski rides (high water). Sawyer! He's alive and spent his first summer at the lake. He spent most of his time walking around while holding onto someones hands, or in his baby pool. Nick. Lizzie has a boyfriend and she let us meet him! Lizzie is my youngest cousin and truly has a heart of gold. She never speaks down about any one, only sees the good in people, has a go getter attitude and I am so happy that she has found someone who thinks she is as special as we do.

 We saw two children's plays over our 14 days at the lake: the lion the witch & the wardrobe and 12 princesses. Grandma put her teaching hat back on and took over KUMON instructor duty for me each day.
 GG (Great Grandma) The kids are loud and being kids, but it is good for her, right? Connor said, "GG, live to be 100 because then I'll be a sophomore in college" "Mom, I think she can make it, she's 86 and doesn't even have hearing aids yet".
 You aren't moving fast enough Grandpa (Sawyer)

 A new swing, and everyone loved it. Travis & Cynthia have fully embraced parenthood
 We took approximately 1 shower in 2 weeks, so we documented it with pictures (Lizzie and her boy)

I've never seen Connor drawn to something more than this swing. He would come tap my shoulder and I thought for sure ask for candy and he would instead say, "Mom, can you push me on the swing?"
Ryan spent 99% of his time on the dock fishing. He is a true fisherman. His tackle box is full of little notes about things he has watched on YouTube fishing videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment