Search This Blog

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Kindergarten

With school registration next month I've had a lot of friends ask what websites we looked at when deciding on where to live and what questions I was asking. Having just gone through the preschool process I'm sharp on my points of importance.

  • Safety practices
  • Class size, ratios, grade size
  • Half day or full day options (fees, hours)
  • Can my child bring peanut butter to school (Connor's preschool doesn't allow it so I dread each morning trying to come up with things besides a sandwich to fill his tummy)
  • What does my child need to know before entering Kindergarten
  • What will my child leave the school year knowing
For our school I need to bring immunization records and a copy of our house deed. Call your local district for dates of registration and to find out what you need to bring when you come.

Happy School Hunting!
www.greatschools.org is a starting place

No comments:

Post a Comment