Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Busy November

I NEVER have to go back and read previous blog posts but we have been so busy I actually had to hop on the blog before logging in and see what we have been upto and where I left off.
We took the boys to the Cincinnati Festival of Lights (found out from the Mom who knows all aka Stef that it was opening night and for members only). We thought it would be like one set of lights and really just going to the zoo at night. In reality it is a million people and ten million lights and zero animals. We all loved it and big boy Connor even went pee in the potty at the zoo. If you live in Cincinnati I 100% say you have to go see these lights.

So long story version of the potty story:
Right before we walked out of the Zoo Connor said "I have to go potty". Ray walked him into the mens bathroom. There were three urinals and 1 occupied stall. So he walked back out and we continued walking to the car (duh we are new to this but DUH) Hello Parents your newly potty trained boy told you he had to go potty. So we get to the car, I go to put him in his car seat and he says "Mommy I have to go potty" ohhhh yea, shoot. I pull his pants down and say, "Connor pee on the car tire" (Mom of the year). He laughed and said "no". So I picked him up ran like I has running a 5k, yelled as I ran for people to let me cut in line as I had a little boy who had to go potty. Got let back into the Zoo got to the womens bathroom andddddd.....A LINE. (Duh, there is always a line to the womens bathroom). So as I sweat and pant Connor stays cool and just kind of stands there. Nobody let's us cut which really irked me, I was thinking great this poor kid just held it for all this time and now he is totally going to pee his pants here in line.
We made it to our turn, I pulled his pants down threw him on the potty and...he went! I look down only to see he had dropped his little gingerbread man onto the bathroom floor. I didn't want a scene so I (mother of the year) handed it back to him. Then he tried to wiggle off the potty and dropped it again. This time I couldn't ignore the cooking hitting the bathroom stale floor twice and it went into the trash can. Then I didn't wash his hands or mine because they didn't have papertowels and it was like 30 degree's out. Don't jude, I purelled in the car.
So he did it, even with these dumb dumb parents who don't ask or listen to our kid about having to go potty. Way to go Con-man!

No comments:

Post a Comment