Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Good Mom vs Crazy

There is such a fine line between being a good Mom and being a crazy Mom and I find it harder than I thought to stay on the good side. I find that I never eat, shop for myself or have hobbies that are non-child related. Where did I go? I wake when I hear a child restle awake and I fall asleep planning their clothes for the next day and organizing play dates in my head. It is hard to explain to a non Mom but we are currently living in Crazytown population 4.

The mornings at our house are more than hectic.
6:45 to 7:20 entails the following;
Ryan wakes and diaper is changed
Ryan is taken down stairs and fed
Boji is let out and teeth brushing and bill paying is usually going on

7:00 must wake up Connor, he doesn't want up
7:10 wake up Connor round 2. Get Connor to sit on the potty then change pull-up.
Connor fights whatever I have picked out for him to wear to school, sweating begins

Clean breakfast out of Ryans hair get Ryan dressed.
Search for two pairs of socks and shoes.
Prepare a snack/breakfast for Connor becuase we are running late and he will have to eat in the car.
Get kids out to the car, buckeled in only to find out that Connor needs a sippy cup or I can't find Ryan's pacifier. More sweating.
10 minutes later get them both out of the car, (usually caring both) grab Ryan's shoes and socks out of the car that he has taken off on the car ride there grab the breakfast and walk into daycare.
Why am I tired all the time...hmmmm.
The part that is really hard to understand until after you have had a child is this: I would do it all over again tomorrow. I love my kids and even when rotten they pull on my heart strings and I drive myself boarderline crazy for them because I am totally 100% in love with them!

Friday Ryan was happy and Connor was still sleeping so I snuck in a before daycare/work picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment