Search This Blog

Sunday, September 7, 2014

14 days

But who is counting. Yeah right, we are. Connor has a paper chain that he removes one of everyday. There are things that we will miss.

  • The pool 
    • it is temperature controlled (always the right temp)
    • the two waterfalls drowned out the loud noise of my children or others so I can close my eyes (just for a brief moment) and feel like I'm at Secrets Excellence in Riviera Maya. 
    • it occupies my time, the boys time
    • best tan i've had sense I was 17
    • my boys are finally blonds
  • The friendships
    • Katie i.e. the friend that called me last friday with the scary news embodies what it is to be a Christian. She asks me out on playdates, checks in with me daily and reminds me of my Stef Carter always listening. 
  • Free
    • The reason I agreed to go on this "3 month vacation"
    • Did I mention we don't pay a mortgage, cable or utilities?
      • Did I mention our credit card bill still remains the same as it did pre"free" as we are fully embodying the "vacation" mindset. 
  • The heat dry heat
    • I said it, I did. No I do not like that the handrail or door handle will burn your hand if you touch it or that my thighs are burned from the leather in Rays car. I don't enjoy watching my dog walk around with only 3 paws on the ground because she has burned her cute little puppy pads. What I do like is that my swim suit dries in an hour, you don't need to check weather.com because you know what the next day has to hold and the palm trees and wild plants that grow along the side of the road are cool. Did I mention in bullet point 3 that we don't have for the A/C that has never shut off? In the 90+ days we have lived here we have only not gone to the pool twice and that wasn't because of weather. 
  • The church
    • It is a MEGA church and we love it. If we were staying here forever we would totally join, get involved in everything they have to offer etc. Knowing that we weren't staying we only take advantage of the Sunday messages and they are GOOD. 
  • Kindergarten
    • Saving the best for last. This school is legit. When I met Katie on the park bench and she told me it was FREE private kindergarten I thought she either A: thought I was on WIC or B: it was a colt or C: it was going to be free babysitting. Ray & I both have been so impressed. Not only is Connor gone 8:30 to 3 (that alone made me want to sign him up even if it was going to be option B). He comes home each day with a backpack full of sheets that HE did. He has site words he practices, questions about this GOD guy he is learning all about, stories of fun he is having with classmates, crush Abby or lunchtime giggles with Tyler. School stabilized his little life that was different all around him. It brought back my sweet big brother and is using parts of that brain I don't think he had ever used. 
We've had a practice relocation under our belts and we are excited to met life long friends and fellowship with a new church in Colorado. The boys are excited for snow and for their guns and light sabers to be back. Hope our new Court is as friendly and neighborly and that camping chairs and stories are exchanged in the street over a beer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment